Monday, February 2, 2009

Smaller Packaging: A Win-Win


Picked up some aluminum foil at Harris Teeter this week and noticed Reynolds has introduced a smaller package. For Reynolds, it saves them money both on cardboard and on shipping (allowing them to fit more rolls of aluminum foil in the same box). For Harris Teeter, it takes up less space on the shelf. And for me, it takes up less space in my drawer.

You'll often hear me say that the right economic move and the right environmental move are one and the same. This is just one of many concrete (metallic?) examples.

1 comment:

Jessica Monte said...

I think this is why (that being the best economic move is the best environmental move) many of my
"green" choices make sense to my significant other, who seems to pay more attention to cost in dollar terms. For whatever reasons consumers and retailers approach production with the intent of reducing cost, as a mamma who cares about the earth (and future generations), I'm glad that companies are choosing to save resources and, perhaps even without intending to, are helping the environment.