Friday, May 2, 2008

BYOBag

From Bill Maher's Earth Day entry at HuffingtonPost.com:
[S]upermarket clerks must stop putting the big bottle of detergent with a handle on it in a plastic bag. I don't mean to tell you how to do your job, but you see that handle you just lifted the detergent with? I can use that same handle to carry the detergent to my car. And stop putting my liquor in a smaller paper sack before you put it in the big paper sack with my other stuff. What, are you afraid my groceries will think less of me if they see I've been drinking? Trust me, the broccoli doesn't care, and the condoms already know.
And it's with that completely inappropriate introduction that I give you the brand new Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment reusable bag!

To celebrate, ACE is having a kickoff party:

BYOBag Kickoff Ceremony
Sunday, May 18, 1 to 4 p.m.
Market Commons, 2800 Clarendon Blvd., Arlington
  • Join us we kickoff our campaign to promote the use of reusable bags and the many problems with plastics in our environment. This (rescheduled) event will be part of the Market Commons Spring Fling. The student winners of our BYOBag poster contest will also be recognized.
  • We'll have free ACE Living Green BYOBags for the first 50 visitors. The spring fling will also include music and kids' activities.
  • We need volunteers for our table. Contact us at volunteer@arlingtonenvironment.org or 703-228-6427.
To learn more about why reusable bags are so much better for the environment than either paper or plastic bags, check out this post from The Green Miles archive.

No comments: