Sunday, February 4, 2007

The Must-Watch TV Event of the Year

I speak, of course, of Puppy Bowl III, featuring the Kitty Halftime Show. Animal Planet runs it on a continuous loop on Super Bowl Sunday. You can even vote on the MVP.

WashingtonPost.com hosted a chat with the producer this week. She says this year they've "added a hilarious new feature called the Tailgate Party where doggie fans that couldn't get tickets to the game are watching the action on a TV set in the parking lot....and grilling burgers...and sitting in lawn chairs...and reacting to big plays and calls they disagree with."

All this sounds tremendously silly, right? I dare you to try to turn it off. You cannot.

If you're looking to adopt a pet locally, visit the SPCA of Northern Virginia's website! You can also check out Petfinder.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the Kitty Half Time Show and it was ADORABLE! OMG I wanted to bring them all home...but then my own kitty would be really upset.

I wonder why they don't do a Kitty Super Bowl? They're so much better than dogs anyway :)

Anonymous said...

Kitty half-time show! OMG. There's one more reason to get cable. maybe it's on youtube?